Monday, April 18, 2011

Scrappy Mini Top Hat

Pin It Now!

So I was going to make a mini top hat for my raffilista outfit for Filmed By Bike opening night.  I planned on following a pattern online.  I started to look around my misfit materials and I said, wait, I bet this 45 will work for the brim.  What if I glue some doilies on that?  Hey, that looks pretty good.  Oh, check out this white accordion lantern.  I bet that can be a very dramatic looking hat.  I then topped it all of with a bike image, very appropriate for the event.  So I am very proud of my first mini top hat even though it is a bit unorthodox.


Unfortunately it was a very damp evening and since my hat mostly consists of paper it stayed in its original form for about 20 minutes tops.  Everyone said they liked, but it was a little shabby for the evening.  When I get some pictures from the event I will post the after shots.
Anyway, I hope this inspires the scrappy in everyone~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...