Sunday, April 10, 2011

Filmed By Bike 2011

Pin It Now!

Hello.
So last year I submitted a music video to FBB.  I don't know if you have seen the video for the Scaper Bikes of Oakland -- you can youtube it -- but this was our, the Portland Scrapper Bikes, rap and video.  It is somewhat of a parody, but more so a compliment to the Scraper Bikes and just highlighting Portland's uniqueness.  I am a member and founder of the Scrapper Bikes.  I like to call myself the Pink Princess because my bike is bubblegum pink and I have glued a tiara on my bike helmet.
I have added more to my bicycle than shown here.  I know it's unbelievable, but true.  One of the first things I did to decorate my bike, and I get lot's of compliments on it, was to add file folder tabs on the spokes.  It's really simple and it looks awesome.  All you have to do is put the tab around the spoke and then hot glue the tab closed.  It's an easy way to dress up your ride in a reuse sort of way.  I got the tabs from SCRAP, of course.  I didn't buy them new.
My helmet has gone through a few reincarnations from just the tiara to a giant gold grape and floral Mohawk to what I have now, which is glittered bottle caps.   I'm kind of like a giant disco ball.
I've always had the tiara, of course, otherwise how could I remain the Pink Princess?
Anyway, so here is the video of the Portland Scrapper Bikes and I dare you not to laugh!

I hope you enjoy it.
Here is the poster for Filmed By Bike's opening night.  Super fun!
and here is the link for more info:
http://filmedbybike.org/

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bece: Just tried to send you a photo from First Thursday. It bounced back. If you want it, send an email to joelprestonsmith@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...