Sunday, March 10, 2013

Marbling Fun

Pin It Now!

My super talented crafty friend just so happens to be a master marbler and by that I mean she will marble anything and make it look cool.

She had an issue of a 1918 newspaper that she was marbling and framing.  They are so cool.  Here is a picture I took this past summer of her with a couple of her pieces:


This is another piece of hers that they are selling at SCRAP that I love.


So today I decided to try my hand at marbling.  I went over to Keri's house and marbled 14 pieces that were from a  June 1958 Oregonian, which was was super fun to look through and read.  I love old newspapers and magazines, especially the ads.  They are so funny and marvelous.  I was kind of sad about breaking it up, but it was for the sake of art.
Here are six pieces I was able to bring home.  The rest are drying in Keri's garage, I will keep you posted:


Rose Parade Princesses Touring Gardens


Above:  I marbled this one for the majorettes in the upper left-hand corner since I used to be a majorette for Ellensburg High School's marching band starting when I was in 6th grade.  I was the only person in town that knew how to twirl the baton thanks to my mom.  I did win the auxiliary award for the Ellensburg Rodeo Parade my senior year, which was pretty cool.  Maybe I will give this one to my mom.


I love this one with the little girl in her bathing suit; adorable.
As I have learned from Keri you can pretty much marble anything, which is pretty handy because marbling can be used for a lot of things.  One of the most obvious is for unique, one-of-a-kind wrapping paper.
I also saw a recent blog post from Design Sponge that had a DIY project on making marbled napkin ring holders, which was pretty easy.  You just cut a paper towel tube into smaller pieces to make the rings and then adhere your marbled paper to the outside and they look super cool.

Happy Marbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...