Saturday, January 22, 2011

Talented Friends

Pin It Now! I have quite a few very crafty and talented friends.  This year for X-mas I got a couple of pretty cool handmade gifts that I would like to share with everyone.
First, my friend Cory made me a super awesome rosary.  I don't think it was meant as that, but that is what it looks like and I love it.  I will include some photos, but I would to describe it a bit beforehand.  So the pendant is actually a four-pitch harmonica that came into SCRAP.  We are speculating that maybe it was for the leader of the Catholic choir to get everyone in the right key.  The holy trinity symbolism is made of watch gears, pretty cool, and then everything was put together on a necklace of beads, which looks like a rosary.  It is very unique and I love wearing it around.


Cory sells more of her necklaces at Tender Loving Empire in Portland under the business name:  Freecycle Jewelry.

The second gift I received was also super cool.  My friend Stephanie made a trivet out of her old blue jeans.
Way to reuse.  I love it!  Of course, Stephanie is the super talented woman behind the felted foods of Pickle Things if you would like to check out more.
Thanks, ladies, you are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...