Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Outlet Cover

Pin It Now!

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

I just wanted to share what I made last night on the full moon.  I moved into a house that has been remodeled at least once.  This house was built in the late 1800s and then was turned into a triplex sometime in the 1930s so there are a lot of little quirky things about it, which I love.  For one thing the attic, which is my craft room is just creepy cool! and the gas stove is vintage and I love that, too.  So one of the things I noticed around my new house are these plate covers that must have been outlets at one time, but are no longer in use.  Since I am a fan of decorating light switch covers I thought why let this little blank space made of plastic go to waste.  Why not add an image from a Carnation mother and daughter cookbook circa 1960 sometime to this cover and dress up the dining room a little bit.  Well, that is exactly what I did and now I am sharing this with you in hopes to inspire you to art-it-up whatever it may be.

Hearts, Bece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...