Saturday, January 4, 2014

Swants!!

Pin It Now!

So my friend, Liz, sent me a swants video in the beginning of December.


I loved it, however I was leaving for Costa Rica in a few days and had to put the swants idea/project on hold till then.
Well it's the new year and time for new projects, so I tried my hand at swants today.  I followed this tutorial provided by West Knits:
http://westknits.com/index.php/2013/11/swants-tutorial/

I need to work on the shaping, but I think I figured out where I went wrong.  Here are a few pics.  I hope this inspires you to make your own pair! or not laugh when you see someone wearing a pair :)

Cut out neck for crotch.

Stick crotch together.

I took in the side seams to make them more form fitting.

Sew it all together, this is where I made the shaping error.

They look better on my sweetie.

He has a sweet new warm pair of swants to wear around the house and look adorable.
I think I will try again tomorrow.  I found a few good sweaters from Goodwill.
Happy Swantsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...