Friday, February 1, 2013

Celebration of the '20s

Pin It Now!

My good friend Meghan celebrated her 30th b-day last Saturday night.  It was a 1920s themed gala in an old theater that had been around in the 1920s.

I am a huge fan of the '20s.  When I was in my Mom's dance troupe, I had learned the Charleston, among many other dances, and it was definitely one of my favorites.  I love the style, the hair, you name it.

I asked Meghan if I could play the Birthday Song for her on my musical saw and she was totally thrilled with idea.  I needed to look sharp since now I would be performing.

Anyway, I borrowed a beautiful dress from Meghan that was from the 1920s and adorned myself with this amazing hat that I recently procured at an estate sale.  As some of you may know I am a vendor at House of Vintage on Hawthorne.  I like to specialize in hats, hence my shop name:  Fascinate Me.



Meghan's party was great.  She showed old movies from the '20s and had live music and a clown that performs cowboy roping tricks.  I had a great time and I hope Meghan did, too.

1 comment:

  1. Come play your saw at the NYC Musical Saw Festival! Contact the festival through www.MusicalSawFestival.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...