Thursday, November 29, 2012

Framed Wallpaper

Pin It Now!

I hope everyone had a delightful Thanksgiving spending time with loved ones and sharing delicious food.  I hosted Thanksgiving this year and it turned out great.  My brother picked up my mom and brought my two adorable nephews and stayed at my house.  Brandon's mom and sister flew out from Chicago and stayed in a vacation rental just three blocks away on Hawthorne.

Brandon and myself really went crazy with the cleaning and getting ready the week before and we managed to finish a project that I'd been meaning to do for 6 months; nothing like guests coming to motivate you.

I have always had a love for interesting wallpaper and I didn't realize until we finished up this project how many pieces of framed wallpaper I actually have.

It all started with this piece.  I found this interesting wallpaper sample at SCRAP when I first started volunteering about 6 years ago.  I found the frame in a free box, of course.



 
The wallpaper is called Les Caprices Orientaux.

The next piece I did was I framed a piece of beautiful blue wallpaper inside a wall clock that no longer worked from the '60s or '70s that I happened upon at the bins.



And finally the project that Brandon and myself did a few days before Thanksgiving; I absolutely love velvet wallpaper.  You can just imagine how excited I was when I came across a book of about 8 velvet wallpaper samples at an estate sale for a super cheap price.  You may have seen in other pictures that I have a collection of gold frames.  I think I have found all of them at the bins or perhaps a free box or two.  Yes, you guessed it, I framed the velvet wallpaper with gold frames.  Here's the outcome:




I received a lot of compliments from my family and friends over the velvet wallpaper, so I guess it's a success.

Happy Holidays ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...